Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Busy, Unproductive Week

Week two of the transfer is thankfully over. This past week was full of random things that needed to be done but didn't really pertain to missionary work. So it was rough number wise. Thank goodness the numbers don't determine my eternal salvation! 

I Love America

Tuesday morning we had people come and help us move all our furniture out of the old apartment and into the new one. It is so nice to have it look the way we want it to. After getting everything in and out and placed where we needed, it was lunch time so we took lunch. Everyone else left and then sister Hill and I spent the rest of the day unpacking all of our boxes. We still didn't finish everything that day but we came really close. 

Donuts after Unpacking

That night the Relief Society had an activity, "My Favorite Things." It was a blast!!! Everyone that came had to bring their favorite thing. Depending on how expensive it was depended on how many they brought. Some items everyone got one and other they drew numbers for. It was fun to be able to get to know the ward and enjoy the evening. A lot of people brought sweets. We were soo sweeted out by the end of the night. 

At "My Favorite Things" Activity

We got to see Dede a lot this past week! Thursday we taught her and Joel at the Tolbert's home. The night before, Dede found out that her major wasn't accredited at Southern Miss, where she is attending school. She was really upset, and so they need to move to Louisiana and have her attend LSU.  She was really stressed and didn't know what she was going to do money wise. And our lesson was all about tithing and fasting. It fit so perfectly. And it is always a great lesson when it is in a member's home. There is such a special spirit there. Her and Joel both fasted this past Sunday! It was great. 

Did y'all know that the city can change the day of Halloween? Well they can, and they did here. There was suppose to be a huge storm the night of Halloween and so they changed trick-or-treating to Friday night instead of Saturday. That was great for everyone else but the missionaries. We can't be out past 6 on Halloween.and so just to be safe, we had to come in early both nights. On our way home we were trying to figure out what to do and saw this cute saloon so we stopped and took pictures! It was fun. The rest of that night we went and cleaned out our old apartment completely! 

Saturday morning was our ward Fall Festival. We had it out on someone's property. It was a lot of fun. Lots of good food, Dede got to meet some great members, I saw some youth from the Waveland ward, and we were safe from the rain. 

On the way home the weather got really bad. We went and visited some people and then found out that there was a tornado watch in our area. Soo.. we took precaution and then we found out that it had touched land in Columbia, about 30 minutes away. So we went home packed a bag of stuff we thought we might need and then hid out at the church. It was kind of scary! The sirens went off as we were getting out of the car to go into the church. But everything was okay and it didn't touch land in Oak Grove. The rest of the evening we finished unpacking the apartment! Thank goodness.

Hiding Out in the Church. Scary!

Sunday was interesting. Because of all the craziness that went on we didn't have time to tract so we spent most of the day tracting in the rain again. I am hoping we don't have a repeat of this all transfer. it isn't the most enjoyable thing. 

More Tracting in the Rain

This dog was super friendly as we were tracting.

But we did get things figured out with Dede and Joel. They are going to get married on the 14th of November and then she will be baptized on the 21st! We are going dress shopping with her today. It has been so fun to watch the gospel change both of their lives, and I have only been here for two weeks. The gospel really is powerful! 

I love y'all so much and hope you have a great week!

Love Sister Erika Kelly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment