Monday, February 8, 2016

Planning

Driving to MLC
Elder Peck, Elder Hatch, Sis Kelly, Sis Bartsch


This past week I had my last MLC. I have been in leadership for a year of my mission. It is going to be weird not having all that responsibility. Out of all the MLC's i have attended this past one was probably my favorite. President Olson focused on the Doctrine of Christ for the beginning of the meeting. We as missionaries are here to teach about the restoration of the Gospel of Christ. Now we have the main three lessons: The Restoration, Plan of Salvation, and Gospel of Christ. Well I have always taught them as separate lessons. When in reality we should be talking about the simple lost truths of faith, repentance, and baptism in every lesson! I knew those things but we learned new ways to teach them. Sister Bartsch and I are excited to teach in a different way and see how it makes a difference. 

Sister Olson and President Olson

Elder Beckstrom

Me and Cheryl (Sister Mitchell)


In the afternoon Brother Tanner and Brother Gonzales came from Salt Lake and gave us a lot of training. They taught all about planning, which can seem boring but they made it so exciting. We "weekly plan" every week on Friday for the upcoming week. I have been weekly planning wrong my whole mission! They had a companionship talk about one of their investigators and we planned for them. Planning for the one person took almost an hour. We should be taking that time to really plan how we will help these people progress... DUH.  We set Goals, make Plans, and then Schedule it in. 
Sister Bartsch and I spent all day yesterday after church putting the things we learned to the test. It took forever but it went really well! This upcoming week is full and we are excited to see the results!

Love Sister Burgess

My Companion

Sister Huffacker

They church wants us to get away from tracting being our main way to find.... That is what we have been doing for the past transfer! They want us to be using the ward members more... We have been doing that too!! My favorite part was when they said that if you are planning right, three progressing investigators will keep you so busy you won't have time for anyone else. I have been so focused on getting all these investigators and being frustrated. But really I should just focus on who I have. 
I also had to bare my final MLC testimony. That was really strange. I have seen missionary after missionary do that and this time it was me. I realized then how much I have changed and how thankful I am for the things I have learned. I really do and have loved my mission!

Miracle: Sunday we showed up to church and Russell was there!!! He decided to come to church and we are teaching him tonight in a member's home. We don't know if he wants to keep taking the lessons but please keep praying for him. We think the spirit has really been working with him! 

I have been studying a lot about grace this past week. All will live again because of the sacrifice of Christ. And as soon as we decided that we want to be like him we can be strengthen by His grace. I am so grateful for the atonement all the miracles that come because of His sacrifice. 

Love y'all! Sister Kelly 

Downtown Jackson
Mural

Giant Gorilla

Giant Obama Head

Gas station run!  Sometimes you just need some chocolate!

Rolling coins at the thrift store.




No comments:

Post a Comment