Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pickled Pig Lips anyone?

Well what to say about this past week... It has definitely been different then what I am use to but I am excited for this next experience of my mission.
Sister Bills is my companion:) She is from Idaho Falls, Idaho. We came out at the same time and so this transfer will be interesting. But I know president knows what he is doing. We are in a car share area but the elders let us keep it for two weeks at a time and we only have to bike for a week. This first week has been a bike week. I am still learning the area and so biking around has been helpful. The weather has been crazy. It has been rainy and cold. On Friday it was a little warmer and then we found out why. There were tornado warnings though out Clinton.. I had no idea what to do. So we went out and worked while it was nice weather and then when it started raining we went home. 


Waiting for the possible tornado




The ward is great. It is a lot different then New Boston just because of size. But the members are great. I said the opening prayer in sacrament meeting and then had the opportunity to bare my testimony. A lot of the members remember Sister Brog (This was her first area) and so it gives me a little bit of an up. I love our ward mission leader. He is huge on getting members to lessons and so that is what we are really focusing on. I am excited.

We are teaching/ helping a lady named Diane. The missionaries met her tracting and she is hoarder. She was sick for a really long time and let her house get really bad. So we go over, share a scripture, and then help her clean up. It is amazing the work we have done just this past week, but i am so glad I wasn't there at the beginning. Even still i leave and my skirt is covered in dust. She is completely open to our message but she will get there.

We are also teaching a couple, Estephany and Eduardo. They are a young couple who are from Costa Rica and Venezuela. She is doing schooling here for psychologist and he is working. They came to church and i am excited to start teaching them!
I don't have very much to say, but I know that I love the Lord and this gospel. Yesterday while we were tacting we talked to two different people back to back and they just wanted to bash. One of the guys said stuff that really upset me and I had to take a step back and think about what I was doing. But I love experiences like because it strengthens my testimony even more. I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was able to restore it through God's power. I am so grateful to be a missionary!  
Love you all and hope you have a great week.

Sister Erika Kelly 

  Pickled Pig Lips anyone? I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment