Friday, January 30, 2015

Another Good Week

This week was good! The weather here has been really nice and that makes going out and working so much better. Unless you are sick. Tuesday night my throat started to hurt, Wednesday it was terrible and it hurt to talk. Wednesday Sister Bills and I both didn't feel well, and it was rainy so instead of going out and working in the rain, we stayed in, slept and watched all the cheesy movies we could find in our apartment. It was great! 

Estefany and Eduardo are still doing great. We were only able to meet with them once because Eduardo got sick the day of our appointment. But they are really coming to know that the gospel is true. Estefany was talking to her mom about it all and ended up defending the church! She said when she hung up the phone she thought to herself.."Why do I care so much about this?" It was great! She really is learning and wanting to learn. Estefany was meeting with us before Eduardo so he still isn't sure but he is doing his best to find the truth. 

We met with Brother Bibbes twice this past week. He agrees with everything we teach and so I finally just asked him what is holding him back. If he believes it all then why won't he be baptized. He said he is still waiting for his answer from God. So please pray that he will receive and answer that he will recognize. Because I know he has received his answer but he wants something else. He is a great man!

We met with Diane only once this week because we were sick :( But It was great. We asked her if she had prayed about hearing our message and her response was, "I'm a Baptist and that is just how things are." Ahhhh I hate when people say that. So I asked her what she believed and she said very basic beliefs. That Christ is her Savior, He died for her and rose on the third day. Of course my response was that those were our same beliefs but asked her what if there was more..? She looked at us and said, "I'm not against listening to your message." So we are going to start teaching her! 

We also met with a man named Brad. He was very interesting. He had bought a copy of the Book of Mormon a few years ago. Sister Bills found him tracting before I got to Clinton. He had a lot of anti material that he thought to be true. But what I loved is that I am able to defend the church in those situations.

I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. I know that he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and I am so grateful for the knowledge I have. Heavenly Father listens to our prayers and answers them. 

Thank you for everything you do. I love you all! Sister Erika Kelly 

 Service! we get to wear pants! 
Eating Nutella straight

i love packages! 

Sick

No comments:

Post a Comment